- Your Occlusal guard is designed to keep your teeth from coming in contact while you sleep. This allows the lower jaw to return to a comfortable hinge position without interference from your bite.
- Your appliance will help to relax any of your jaw muscles which are in spasm and to reduce any muscle pain.
- It is essential that you wear your night guard every night and you may also wear it during the day if you find yourself clenching or grinding your teeth.
- It is important to clean your appliance daily as instructed. Brush and floss your teeth prior to wearing your appliance. Do not eat or drink while it is in your mouth.
- Bring your appliance with you to your routine dental cleaning & exam. It can be professionally cleaned and we can monitor the fit for any adjustments that may be needed.
Posted on January 18th, 2015